Friday, August 6, 2010

What's new? Or new to me!

  It has really been slow around here lately and, once again, I have not really been into updating the blog.  The weather across the South has been blisteringly hot!  This translates into no hopes for fishing unless you are willing to travel deep into the mountains to find cool water.  I am not unwilling to try and find some wild trout but the heat has been so extreme that even those sources are running low water levels and higher than normal temperatures.  It had turned into a Summer of sweat, work, and sit around the house.


Old and busted......


   My Summer got even better when the air conditioning on my old 98' Jeep Grand Cherokee crapped out on me.  Summer temps + no a/c = MISERABLE!  A couple of weeks with no air just about killed me.  So the wife finally relented and we decided to get a replacement for the Jeep.  I looked around and did some research on what I needed.  We finally settled on getting a used 2007 Chevy Tahoe from Flow Motors in Winston-Salem.  I have always wanted one but now was not really a good time to be adding a car payment to our bills.  Luckily my wife did some juggling and we were able to get some breathing room in the bills to afford a payment.  It seemed to be a good deal and I am very happy with the vehicle so far.


New hotness.....


   As I cleaned out the Jeep I thought about all the fun and milestones we went through with it.  When I first got the Jeep it nearly ended my relationship with my wife.  She could not understand my need for 4WD and being able to get to work no matter what the weather was.  We survived.  The Jeep was a great fishing vehicle and took me to the Outer Banks many times and through a hurricane on the Point in Hatteras.  It cruised all over Western North Carolina fishing for trout.  We took Jack home from the hospital in the Jeep.  I hate to admit it but I got a little choked up when I handed over the keys.  The new Tahoe has a lot to live up to.  I can't wait to get it rigged up for the beach.  Hatteras in November!

No comments:

Post a Comment