Thursday, June 10, 2010

Not a lot to say lately......

I haven't had a lot to say recently which is a little out of the norm for me.  I haven't been fishing much because I got a nasty case of bronchitis and that made some asthma flare up.  It isn't much fun to be outside coughing your guts up or gasping for your last breath.  It's even worse to be doing it deep off the beaten path in the middle of nowhere.  I would kick my ass if I had to come drag me out of the woods.

Work has not been kind to me lately and now I struggle to afford my hobbies.  It is a terrible downer to go from being able to travel and fish at my leisure to being worried that I can't pay my bills and feed my family.  I guess I won't go too much further into this topic because expressing one's opinion in a public forum can get you in hot water.

I did manage to get my son out on a local lake for some brimbusting.  I took my small 3wt and rigged it with a white Hendrickson fly to skitter across the surface while we chummed the water with some bread.   Jack hooked a small bluegill on his first try holding the rod (with Daddy assisting).  We had a good time and it was good to see a 3 year old take a interest in my favorite hobby.  Well, that was as long as we were catching fish.  So much like his Daddy.

1 comment:

  1. Cool post. Sorry about the hard times, but fishing with your son...there can't be anything better! Looks like you have quite the little flyfisherman in the making.

    ReplyDelete