Sunday, January 31, 2010

"My name is Les and i'm a tackle ho."

Every time I receive a fly fishing catalog in the mail I feel dirty and scurry off to the bathroom to hide it from my wife who will surely try to throw it in the trash.  I received the latest Orvis catalog and as I sit on the jon I look at the pictures and descriptions while I quietly contemplate things I "need".

My latest needs seem to be looking for yet another vest, pack, or lanyard to stuff all my crap in.  I started out with an Orvis Battenkill Vest that soon became an Orvis Safe Passage pack.  I changed my thinking and bought a William Joseph MAG series Amp pack that I use as a shoulder bag.  All was right with the world and I felt like I could carry enough stuff for a day.  Now I am planning my March trip to Cherokee and I am feeling a little inadequate.  I want something bigger but like the shoulder bag configuration.  *sigh*  What am I to do?  I thought about a fanny pack but I am concerned that I might get it in the water when I wade a little deep as I like to do sometimes.  Well, that and I have too much fanny anyways.


I am looking to try the larger William Joseph Mag series Current pack because I want to carry a different fly box configuration and more flies.  Like I need more flies rolling around in my pack.  I really need to organize my fly boxes and set them up better for certain fishing situations.  But that's another post entirely.

My other need is a net seine so I can see what's floating around in the water.  I am trying to learn more about entomology and  want to see some of the bugs that I have been reading about in their natural environment.  I would also like to collect some examples for fly tying and the like.  What an nerd I am.

 I think I will retreat to my office and search the pages for more things that need buying.

No comments:

Post a Comment